Re: Re: MSD install question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 14:18:01 EDT

> > Just purchased a MSD-6A, a Blaster SS coil, and the universal wiring
> harness from Summit for my 99 Dak. The installation appears easy
> enough...the PN 8873 wiring harness makes it a breeze.
> >
> > The only issue I'm facing is the ability to fully restore the factory
> ignition -- including the coil. What I'm missing is an additional
coil-side
> pigtail to connect to the factory coil (the one with orange / black wires,
> male pins / female receptacle). I'd like to have one of these connectors
on
> the factory coil and another on the MSD coil. The 8873 kit only came with
> one of these pigtails <sigh>.
> >
> > Does anyone have a source for these waterproof connectors? I've sent
> e-mail to MSD but haven't received a reply yet.

While they are not cheap, the waterproof connectors, you can order them just
about anywhere; Jeg's and Summit will sell them to you, but arent shown in
their catalogs. Just ask the techs for a price on the MSD connectors or even
a price on Painless Wiring's connectors, if you want to order them. I have
the waterproof connectors intalled on all four of my front auxil. lights,
this makes for fast removal if I need to take them off. I bought mine at Pep
Boys, and they had a wide variety of them. A male/female connector set set
me back about $7. Any good part store should carry these if you dont want
to wait for them to be shipped. Good Luck.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6