Re: Gas Mileage

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 10:07:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2000 08:40:39 AM, Dakota31852@aol.com writes:

<< Well, I'll tell you what... the best I ever got outa my truck was 18.9,
and
that was on my way down to GA to Moody AFB from MD. Every tank was run down
close to empty, but not too far to suck up crap from the bottom of the tank.
Now, Ive never seen that since then, but right now Im getting 15.5 around
town here, and I think somewhere around 18 or do on the highway, I havnt had
a good trek yet to really find out. What Ive got on my truck now is a 14"
K&N FIPK (which i think is actually hurting me its sucking in all that hot
air from under the hood) a 2 chamber flowmaster muffler, and a set of JBA
headers. My truck is a 1992 Dak V8, 4x4 LONG BED, AUTOMATIC... so I dont
think Im doing all that bad... EVERYONE else please respond to this too cause
Id like to know how Im doing too... Thanks all!!! >>

On my trip to RI, Was getting about 18 hiway, That's with the bed loaded and
5 of us in the cab.

Thanks,
Don Mallett
Fort Worth, TX
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf/">www.geocities.com/maldbnsf</A>
'00 QC 4x2 SLT+, 4.7L, 3.55 rear, 4 speed auto, H/D Service Group, K&N home
brew air filter w/ Cool-rap, Cat back Flow-Pro Dual System, Mobil 1 Oil &
Gear lub., Oil cooler, 180 T-stat, Tonneau cover, Autolite 3923 plugs,
Cool-rap of the A/C Pipes, Radiator Bug Screen.