Re: synthetic vs. conventional oil

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 11:14:24 EDT

> Is the synthetic oil worth the difference vs. conventional oil? I used
> conventional oil in my last truck (Jeep Comanche - 183K miles) and changed
it
> every 3k miles and had no major engine work done on it. Is there one type
of
> synthetic or conventional oil better than the others?

If you change your oil every 3,000 miles, and will continue to do so.....I
would suggest conventional. I have used Castrol 10W30 in my truck since I
bought it. It now has 127,000 miles on it and runs great, and I have never
had to do any type of engine work. If you dont want to change your oil as
often, and have long drain intervals, sure go for synthetic. For myself
though, I would just rather change the oil/filter every 3,000 miles and save
money also. I typically can do an oil/filter change for about $7-$8. I do
use synthetic fluids in my truck's front and rear diffs as well as in the
tcase.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6