RE: RE: Spare tire lashed to front grille?

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 09:38:16 EDT

Ditto on not mounting the spare to the grill, especially if you're going to
be doing any beach driving (you may not be planning to, but you know once
you're out there you'll want to!). Wheeling on the beach always gets the
Temp up on my Dak.

Along the lines of the Receiver hitch, if you have one and have a friend who
welds, you could rig up a tire holder to slide into the receiver hitch
pretty quick. Look at the design of the receiver mount bike racks, and use
that as the model. At the top, weld on a steel plate and some wheel studs to
mount the wheel/tire to. I've seen a few guys with pickups running this type
of set up on the trails when they've had the bed loaded with camping/hunting
gear.

Have a blast out on the banks.

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust