AC rapidfire #5 in 4.7

From: Jason Morris (jmorris@HiWAAY.net)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 11:14:13 EDT

Hi guys,
With all the talk about autolites, I guess that I just had to be
different. I used rapidfires in my LT1 TA and had really good luck. I've
ran a couple of tanks of gas thru and have gained .5 to 1 mpg. I am now
getting about 18 mph (4x4 CC 4.7 auto).

I've been getting my mpg up by putting in octane boost once every three
tanks and using 87 octane Shell gas. It usually goes from 18 mpg on the
first tank down to 17 by the third tank. The above numbers are on the 3rd
and fourth tanks after the octane boost was added.

The rapidfires lasted very well in my TA with an aftermarket
coil/ignition, so they should last a long time easily in the stock 4.7.
later,
Jason Morris