Re: R/T Popping

From: L. J. Morris (ljohn@alltel.net)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 18:00:16 EDT

Aaron;

The CC popping TSB starts with the '97 models, as I was the first in my area
to notice this condition and when I alerted the Dealer the TSB was brand new
and I had to wait a couple of weeks until the new bolt packages were issued
(April '97). Now I have no popping, but when someone sits in the rear, I
have an annoying squeaking noise coming from the cab-to-frame bolts.

You would think that DC would have corrected this problem, once it was
discovered on the '97's, but apparently they have not. Must be cheaper to
let the customer complain, then apply the TSB components. I suppose this
shows-up as a loss when accounting and becomes a write-off????? maybe.

And you are right I just searched the '99 TSB's and nothing about the cab
bolts, when was yours built?

L. John
Your Local *Real Hemi* Owner