Re: Temp Sender??

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 23:52:30 EDT

> Anyone have any problems with the temp gauge going way up? It's gota be
> my sender......it pegs past 260 and soon as I start to go it drops right
> down to 180.
> I know the temp cant go up and down that fast. Any ideas??
> BTW I finally got my lowpro hard cover on today.......it looks nice!

Bob,
It would be an easy fix and check. Go buy one, put it in, if is works great!
Keep it and move on, otherwise return it and start looking elsewhere. I know
on my truck, there is the coolant temp sensor which is threaded into the
front of the manifold and this one sends info to the computer. This one ran
me $11 at Pep Boys and has 2 wires on it. The coolant temp sensor which
sends the temp reading to the dash gauge is also threaded into the front
portion of the manifold, more on the passenger's side, but still upfront. I
wouldnt see this one being much more than the $11 CTS I bought, which was a
Borg Warner unit. Hope you get it fixed and hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6