driver side floods

From: Stewart Ebrat (Stewart@atlasinc.org)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 11:19:09 EDT

Hey People!!

I just figured out how my 1996 dakota was filling up with water.

I looked at the DML archives and looked for those solutions but water still
leaked in.

I am the second owner and got the truck 9 months ago the truck leaked from
day one from factory.

Chrysler dealer could not find problem so the first owner lived with it but
neglected to tell me about the problem.

Well to make it short along the wall corner behind the instrument panel all
the way to the top along the corner there is weld seam that seems was not
welded right they bent the sheet metal and welded.

But not good enough I went and bought plumber epoxy and filled the hole in
and that took care of that but since the leak was there from day one there
was another tiny hole made when the welded lower close to floor there was
some kind of mold there cleaned that and applied epoxy.

I hope this helps some people find there leaks!!

I guess this could happen also on passenger side.

Thanks,

Stew