Re: valve tapping?

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 11:58:47 EDT

The oil probably drained out of one or more of your lifters while it was
sitting. Try using a higher quality oil filter with a better anti-drainback
valve. I've also found when this happens to let it run for about 10 to 15
seconds then shut it off. Wait about another 5 or 10 seconds then start it
back up. It seems to help the lifter pump back up quicker. ymmv