Supercharger intake temps

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 14:26:32 EDT

Anyone out there with a supercharger tied into an air intake temp gauge?
Autometer has a dual monitor unit for pre and post intercooler
measurements. Curious to know if anyone has tried this setup and what
their results were.

I'm considering the Powerdyne SC with an intercooler that a local guy
will fab for me, since Powerdyne doesn't offer intercoolers for their
units. Powerdyne says the temp reduction gains don't warrant one, but I
just have a tough time buying that. A 10-20 degree reduction has to
help.

Bernd, if you're reading this, you'd appreciate this guy I'm talking to
about the intercooler project. He's done all sorts of SC installs and
custom jobs. Has a little sand buggy in his shop that's powered by a
turbocharged Kawasaki 1000cc. He limits it to 10 psi boost(Kawi can't
take more), though the setup is capable of 30+. All stuff he's put
together. Has an air shifter and will hold the front wheels off the
ground through ALL the gears(and this is with a big guy driving). He
tells me he took it up to Oregon last summer. Ran it flat out across
some of the really flat dunes they have there in So. Oregon. Estimates
he was doing 140+. Park ranger caught him on radar at 129. Would have
loved to been standing around for that little discussion afterwards.

Campbell High Performance is the shop. You should stop by and have a
look next time you're in SJ.

Bob