Please help me!!!

From: jbe@micron.net
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 20:02:01 EDT

Okay my '99 Dak 318 4x4 has been to two different dealers 3 times
for front end driver's side clunking and nobody can fix it.

However I think I found that my lower control arm ball joint is bad
causing
all of the problems, but I need a couple answers to be sure.

1. Is the lower control arm ball joint the load bearing ball joint
    for our type of suspension? It is supposed to be.

2. My lower control arm ball joint has about 1/6" or so of free
    play in it (at the joint - wiggle tire up& down method). This
    is on the left side. the right side is near zero.

    What does the FSM say for allowed free play in the lower ball joint.

Maybe now my 5 Crap dealership can fix it after I diagnose the problem
for them.

thxs,
jason