RE:4.7 thermostat

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 04:45:24 EDT

I can't see where it is in the first place. Looks like it takes a bit of
work. Help me out guys. Where can I find a Robert Shaw anyway? My parts
houses don't have one. SEMI-HEMI-01<<<<<

    The T-stat is in the lower left where the lower radiator house enters the block. First, on a cold eng. remove the silver plug on the back side of the t-stat housing to drain the system. 2nd, remove the 2 bolts on front of the t-stat housing, remove the 195 t-stat. You may have to cut off the small bump on the inside of the rubber gasket, you see what I mean when you get to that point. Install new T-stat. I did mine, its a 4x2, not to easy to get to the housing bolts from below. I got the 180 t-stat from auto zone with a life time warrenty.
Have fun;)

Don Mallett
Fort Worth, TX
www.geocities.com/maldbnsf
'00 QC 4x2 SLT+, 4.7L, 3.55 rear, 4 speed auto,H/D Service Group, K&N home brew air filter w/ Cool-rap, Cat back Flow-Pro Dual System, Mobil 1 Oil & Gear lub., Oil cooler, 180 T-stat, Tonneau cover, Autolite 3923 plugs, Cool-rap of the A/C Pipes, Radiator Bug Screen.