Re: Code 27

From: FalRan66@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 15:13:28 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/00 4:41:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, MALDBNSF@aol.com
writes:

<< << I have a 1993 Dakota with a 318 that has a miss and comes up with the
 code 27. I know this has to do with the injector output driver and
 narrowed it down to injector #2 (I got it checked at a garage where a
 friend works). I checked the wiring and it is OK. I need to know if a
 bad injector will cause this and trigger the check engine light and code
 27 or could it be the Engine Controller?

Check each injectors,pulll off the wires to the injector and you will see two
pins. take a ohm meter and connect one lead to one side of the injector and
the other lead to the other. Your reading should be consistant between all 8
injectors. my 92 318 is around 15.5 ohms. good luck

    Joe
    92 5.2 33.55sg