Re: "New-to-me" 1999 CC SLT replaces the 1992! Newbie Questions...

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 16:10:33 EDT

    I believe that there is no spring in the center console ... at least not
in
mine. You're correct in saying that the only reason why the cover stays
open is because it's past center.
    I have the Dodge bedliner in my Dak as we speak and I can't wait to
get rid of it. It does have the openings for the tie downs, but there is
no cover to keep the water out. Also, the tie downs don't stick out enough
to be functional. I had to use a couple beaners (for rock climbing) to
extend the length of the tie downs. If you're thinking about getting a Dodge
bedliner, don't. You'd be better off with a spray in liner.
    The dash panel simply pulls off. There are a series of clips which hold
the dash in place. Check out http://www.zracer.com/stereo_install.html
Joel did an excellent write up of the dash removal and there are plenty of
photos.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota Sport
www.intense99dak.com