Re: DML Re: Lifing the Dak

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 23:00:59 EDT

Sway-Away does not make bars for Dakotas. I had called them to order a set
and was told that all their bars are splined, not hexed. I ordered the
2000lbs V8 bars from my local Dodge dealer. They cost about $125 a side.
My axles are at the tranny shop right now getting rebuilt with new gears and
a rear locker. I should have them back early next week.
I'm going to have to take the truck back down to the exaust shop because the
3" Y-pipe I had made last year will not clear the front drive shaft after
installing the 4" TrailMaster suspension kit.
When done, the truck will have a 4" suspension lift with cranked torsion
bars in the front and an add a leaf in the rear, a 3" body lift and 35x13.50
Mickey Thompsons. I figure it will sit pretty high. I also picked up the
front and rear dual shock kits with a dual shock steering stablizer.
I'll be uploading the first batch of pictures of the disassembly next week.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM