Re: 2001 Instrument cluster and tach...

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 04:29:38 EDT

Looks like there isn't a redline on the tach, but I doubt the 5.9 will rev
up that high. The PCM will still have the rev limiter on it though, so no
worries about over revving it. The Chevy Silverado tachs are the same way,
no redline.

One other thing I noticed - the gauges no longer have numbers on them,
simply "L" or "H". I kinda like my '99's gauges, they give you more of an
idea what its reading because there's numbers printed on them. (ie: temp
shows 100, 210, and 260 degrees...oil pressure 0, 40, 60 psi...)

I DO like the climate control though - with the on/off A/C button. Gotta
figure out how to do that on my '99....

Aside from the new dash and interior - any other new features on the 2001's?

-Darren

'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 lsd, 4wheel ABS
http://www.geocities.com/dakotaguy1999/dakota.html