bad rear manual tranny seal: Day 3

From: eric hufstedler (huff@101freeway.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 22:02:55 EDT

Here's the story:

1st i called the dealer to make an appointment to get the rear seal replaced
on my manual trann. "We can fit you in next monday" which in the meantime
means my tran will leak oil out for another weak.

Day 1: Goto dealer to get rear tranny seal replaced (under warranty). I
got a phone call ~3pm "It's the rear seal." (duh). "We don't have the
part, though. Can you bring it on wednesday?"

Day 2: "We ordered the wrong seal."
Day 3: "We ordered the other wrong seal."

It seems Dodge left off the seal i need from it's parts list. The dealer
called dodge tech service, and theoretically the correct seal is being
delivered.

Oh well. I'll get it back tomorrow, hopefully.

So, they gave me a rental from accross the street. I got a 2000 Dakota CC
V8! It's weird: not being used to the automatic and extra power, i keep
spinning the tires when i take off. (i have the manual V6) The only
interior difference i noticed was the airbag key hole is different: in
mine, the key goes in much farther than in this. Maybe they shortened the
"stroke" so people wouldn't leave their extra key in there. There were all
kinds of warnings not to leave the key in. Maybe so no one would switch it
while driving?

huff