Re: gears are in!! (Andy)

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 22:35:59 EDT

Hi Andy,

    Here's the break down of parts needed for my Dak:

Dana TracLok $233
3:90 gears $190
shipping $36
total $459

above parts purchased through http://www.ring-pinion.com/index.html
below parts installed by shop

carrier bearings (x2) $45
pinion bearing $18
pinion bearing race $27
gear oil $13
total $116

Labor 12 hours

    When I got the total due, I had to pick my jaw off the floor. It was
about
$200 - $300 more than I expected. On the plus side, the installer definitely
without-a-doubt knows his sh!t. I did get a year's warranty with it and the
installer knows that I'll be doing a supercharger plus. I would definitely
recommend this guy not only for rear ends, but for any modification you can
dream of doing for your Dak. He has done it all and with great success (I
got a few references from people with a lot more horsepower than I). Just be
ready to shell out more cash than normal. If you're interested in this shop
email me off list and I'll give you his contact info. This guy/shop is worth
it!

Chuck Robbins
'99 Intense Blue Dakota Sport
www.intense99dak.com