Re: Gauge mounting

From: Train225@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 21:11:20 EDT

<< Anyone with aftermarket gauges (a/f ratio, boost, fuel-pressure, etc).
 Where did you mount the gauges. I was looking at the Autometer A-pillar
 pods (as opposed to wedging the gauge into the ash-tray as I have now), and
 was wondering if anyone had any experience with the pods, or has another
 aesthetically pleasing place to put them.

 Thanks,
 .Geoff >>

I thought the gauge pods looked cheesey, so I made my own. They mount int
the a-pillar trim. They are just two tubes covered in vinyl with the gauges
in the ends. I think it looks great but it was a real pain to make the holes
the correct size and to mount then to the trim piece. FWIW, it took me about
the same time to do this as it did to install the supercharger.

Wayne