4.7L PCM overheating problem update

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 13:43:27 EDT

I went back to the strip this Saturday. Weather conditions were good, about
78 degrees and about 60% humidity, a cool breeze blowing from the NW. I ran
3 times, with an hour in between each run (normal). The truck didn't give
me any trouble as it did previously. I ran 14.76, 14.73, and then switched
to the left lane where traction is better and ran a 14.58.(I also launched
the truck a little harder on that run, 3500rpm). I have to believe the
problem is ambient temp. sensitive, maybe even Humidity sensitive as some of
you suggested. Still puzzling.

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
4.7L 5spd.Homemade air intake,T-Bars,
Spring clamps, Mobil 1,Hoosiers