Re: Testing for a spark

From: FalRan66@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 18:15:30 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/00 6:01:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hoegen@kersur.net writes:

<< OK, I still havn't figured out what's goin on with my 99 Dak. It still
seems
 to be runnin on 5 cylinders. Someone suggested I check each plug wire to
 ensure I have a spark (apparently to rule out a bad wire). What is the
 correct way to do this so I won't get ZAPPED!

There is two ways of doin it, one is u have a volt metter u can check the
resitance on each wire and see if one is way of from the other since u have
two ires aprox the same length, or u can buy a tester at the parts store
witch u just plug into the wire boot like a spack plug and clamp it to
somthing grounded and crank it over and see for spark. i like the first way
since a wire could be still passin enough DC and still spark for ya in the
second way. well good luck. I tries to explane the best i could

    Joe
    92 5.2 3.55sg