Re: 3in lift and 33's?

From: jason nahrgang (jasonnahrgang@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 21:06:47 EDT

I think you have a gen III, right Mike? I e'mailed Performance West
inquiring about their Dakarta and here's the reply:

We used Rancho shocks and adjusted the torsion bars the elevate the
front.
The wheels are Alcoa 16" x 8"
The tires are Continental General 33 /12.50 / 15
We did trim the lower part of front bumper cover slightly for tire
clearance, but not trim the rear fenders at all.

Sincerely,
Performance West

If this can be done, it almost eliminates the need for any type of lift at
all whatsoever. Three inches of lift does look pretty sweet though.

Jason Nahrgang
Moss Green '97 V8 4x4 SLT+ 5spd
Custom tow hooks, Quick D TB
3" Gibson, K&N homegrown