Re: push button tranny and my new Dak.

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 18:16:00 EDT

Stephen:

I'd make the first oil change at 500 miles and then every three months or
3,000 miles, whichever is first.

As far as the mileage, it won't get better for a while. Take a l-o-n-g
trip in the Dak. It will definitely help.

As far as wax, the best I have found is Zaino Brothers and, believe me, I
have tried them all. One of the best things about it, to me, is that it
reduces the static charge so the vehicle doesn't collect anywhere near as
much dust. I got my wax from a fellow on the list Joe, DaVoillo.

Keep it shiny and well maintained!

Richard in San Antonio

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 17:56:19 -0700 Stephen Dampier <guldam@sirius.com>
writes:
> I had a 62 Plymouth Fury that had a push button tranny. I found it to
> be
> a very elegant and civilized design. And it looked pretty damned
> neat
> with it's spaceship/aerodynamic design. The ride and comfort of that
> car
> would blow away most luxury cars today.
>
> Gave it up after the windshield wiper motor landed on my foot during
> nasty summer storm in Orlando. Hurt my foot as much as it hurt my
> feelings to get rid of it. Sigh.
>
> 251 miles on the Dak as of today. 14.9 miles per gallon with a mix
> of
> hiway and stop and go and the giant hills of San Francisco. Not as
> bad as
> I feared but still not as good as I'd hoped.
>
> When do folks here do their first oil changes? The factory
> recommendation
> of 3 or 6k miles seems very excessive. I'd feel better to do my
> first oil
> change at about 500 miles.
>
> Still no buyer's remorse. Of course the black paint is going to be
> fun to
> maintain... Trying figure out what's the best and easiest wax for a
> black
> Dak. Unfortunitely I've not been able to access the DML archives so
> could avoid bugging folks here.
>
> Steveoh
>
> >Chrysler

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!