Re: Kenne-Bell boost-a-pump

From: Jeff Crook (Jeff.Crook@ecitelebn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 10:11:10 EDT

I misspoke. The boost -a-pump doesn't give added pressure TO THE FUEL RAILS .over stock, because the pressure regulator would prevent this. what it does is provide more pressure behind the regulator, so that in a high rpm high fuel flow condition, you have the flow capacity to still mantain original fuel pressure in the rails

>>That boost-a-pump can jack up your fuel pump all it wants, but there
>>is still the same old fuel pressure regulator that's gonna bleed off all
>>of that extra flow.
>>How is KB getting the extra fuel to the motor?

<< 4.7 with S/C is still using stock injectors, size/flow rate unknown ( to
me). When KB did the supercharger, I asked if larger were needed or
desireable and was told not to bother. KB also sells a "Boost-A-Pump" box,
which is basically a DC-DC converter to boost the voltage going to fuel pump,
and thereby raise fuel pressure. They talked me OUT of buying it, said I
didn't need it. >>

Black 00 CC 4.7 auto 2wd 3.93 LSD gears
Kenne-Bell Supercharger 6 1/2 lbs boost
K & N filter, 180 thermostat, Autolite 3923 plugs
Mobil-1 Synth in engine, Amsoil Synth in Rear end
Fittipaldi "Tubolare" rims, Bridgestone Potena 255-50ZR17 tires
Hotchkis suspension, w/ Bilstein shocks
Reflexion Cowl-Induction hood, Street Scene grill and valence inserts (powder coated black)
Mopar fender flares,Tinted windows, Painted Pin-Stripes, Vent-Visors, Misc other visual stuff