RE: Re: RE: RE: My brand new Dak got crunched.

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 10:33:20 EDT

Uhhh, Jimmy, I'm not sure how they do things in Miss., but if I were you I'd
call the Officer that responded to your accident and tell him the other
driver provided false information. Most states, thats a crime, and a lot of
places put a pretty hefty fine on un-insured motorists lying about their
'coverage'.

Did he provide you with insurance Comp info.? If so, call that company and
report that he is falsely using them as his insurance carrier. Insurance
companies are in the business of liability, and they don't want anyone
putting claims on them if they are not getting paid. Also report the fact to
your insurance company, most would rather pay a lawyer to go after the guy
to try and recover costs, even if they still have to pay your costs up
front.

Once you've talked to the officer who was at your accident, and get the
low-down on how Miss. handles this type of thing, then yes, call his
Sheriff's Dept. and report this to the Sheriff, not to a deputy, but right
to the boss.

Don't take this s**t lying down, that is what the guy is counting on. Bust
his balls, you've got the law on your side (assuming of course, your wife
had no fault assigned to her, in the accident?)

Good Luck,
Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD - 3.55 LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil
MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI
Mopar HiPo Comp - Thorley Headers - Gibson Catback Exhaust