Re: Paint Chipping

From: rrsegarra (rrsegarra@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 17:38:12 EDT

What year is your dak. Dodge had MAJOR paint troubles in the late 80's early
90's. I am told that they were trying to be voc compliant and they had not
worked out the bugs in the paint yet. It sounds like you are in the early
stages of having the paint flake off in sheets. I have seen it happen alot.
even as late as 96 models. You could try dodge for a repaint. I have known
bodyshops that have done them under warranty. It depends on your milage and
overall condition of your car. As well as how loyal of a service customer
you have been. I work at a dealer and trust me; if you bring your car in for
oil changes and stupid stuff like that, they are much more willing to make
you happy compared to a customer that just shows up for warranty work.

Ralph
rrsegarra@msn.com

> Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 20:55:17 -0700
> From: "Ken Keilman" <kman940@earthlink.net>
> Subject: DML:Paint Chipping
>
> The paint on my truck is chipping, like little rock chips, but they're
> showing up in places
> where rocks wouldn't hit. Does anyone know about this problem with the
Gen