Re: Mud tires = Bad gas milage...

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 21:31:49 EDT

Tom,

The best way to avoid this is to get a "true" off-road tire on a totally
separate set of rims. And then a "true" street set on your stock rims. You
can pick up cheap rims that look crappy--you shouldn't care since they'll
only be used in the winter and in the mud. With this scenario, you get
better fuel economy while on the street tires, and better traction on the
trails.
Drawbacks--gotta have somewhere to store one set of rims/tires, have to pay
for second set of tires (like i said, rims can be cheap).

But then again, it all depends how much you're off-road, good luck in any
case.

The Adam Blaster