Re: Hoodkiller's back, tire question

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 22:12:05 EDT

Welcome back Robert!

To help answer your question, I've had very good luck with my Firestone
SH30's. I know Firestone has been getting a lot of heat lately for their
SUV tires, but these SH30's are performance tires (read: no recalls or
problems) and stick really well. I've run 'em for over a year now, and
tread still looks really good, despite their being a softer rubber. Best
part is, I got 225/60/15 (not sure if they make 16") tires for $69 each. I
went to www.tirerack.com and priced them, printed it out and took the
printout to the Firestone dealer. He matched tirerack's price, dropping the
tires from $92 to $69 each - Good Deal!! I've got the tires mounted on
AR-767 15x8 rims and they handle really well, WAY better than the General
XP2000's I had on before.

--
'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate