paintless dent repair, new bumper

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (patrickandkelly@erols.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 22:39:24 EDT

Well, I tried the paintless dent repair. Check 2 businesses in the
area. One was $80 for 1st panel, the other was $65. Not trying to be
too cheap, I chose the guy that was $65 (he was closer to my home, and
when I stopped to check him out, I got to see him working...)
  Well, the 1/2 ding in my passenger door was right above the decals,
which would require replacing them and painting the door if it was
repaired conventionally. I took the door panel off for the guy because
he said the ding was right in front of a brace, and he needed more
room. So the panel came off, he drilled a 1/2" access hole in the
inside, worked the ding out, and now that it is rubbed out, you cant
tell where it was in the first place. I'm very satisfied. Took him 1/2
hour.
  Today, I also installed my new rear bumper (old one got clobbered by 2
different numbskulls.) Bumper was $350 from Chrysler, painting at local
body shop $100. Bumper comes primer black, and the plastic lower
inserts are white and have to be painted too. It also comes with the
step pads, tag area plastic stuff, and tag light assemblies. 3 bolts on
each side hold the bumper bracket to the frame, and down it came.
Swapped the brackets from the old bumper to the new one, reinstalled
bumper. Took 20 minutes.
Patrick