Re: exhaust nasties

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 23:00:06 EDT

Water is a drain... the sook and water left the stain
(more than likely). If you've got a head problem, take a
look at your antifreeze-- any oil in it?

Cat rattle-- 95... yep, it's probably broken loose inside.
When cool, take your fist (make sure it is REALLY cold
first, and not burn yourself) and smack it a few times. If
you hear anything like clunk or rattle, the cat is bad.

Sam '00 RT

--- Andy Levy <andylevy@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I've seen it (the dripping) on my 318 and many other
> vehicles of all
> shapes and sizes, all depending on the weather. Should
> just be water.
> I wouldn't worry.
>
> Where's the rattle coming from? Right under the cab,
> towards the bed,
> or under the hood?
>
> Shawn Sullivan wrote:
> >
> > Hi guys,
> > I was at work and I'd parked kinda on the sidewalk. I
> left the truck
> > running while I'd finished a few things in this house.
> I came back and
> > there was a bit of water dripping out of my exhaust and
> there was a
> > black spot on the sidewalk just under the tip. Is this
> something I need
> > to worry about? I've heard that the condensation from
> these 2.5 engines
> > is due to the manifold studs not being as tight as they
> should be.
> >
> > I do hear a rattle when I accelerate that sounds like
> the CAT. Is my cat
> > pooping out on me? Time for a new one after 5 years?
> >
> > Thanks. . .Shawn
> > --
> > shelbydz87@ratedg.com
> > '87 Daytona Shelby Z ND
> > '95 Dakota Sport
>
> --
> -andy
>
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ ---
> andylevy@bigfoot.com

> "I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now..."
> --- Steve Wright

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com