RE: Flex-a-lite

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 09:14:41 EDT

That would be a puller (Electric or Standard). Be careful with the
Flex-A-Lite fans, I've thrown one through the hood of my old Camaro and it
was one of the Flex Fans (Blue/Chrome). Check into the plastic Ultra-Lite
fan...I was actually going to replace mine with the plastic one but decided
to try the Electric fan system instead. You'll need a spacer along with the
fan to compensate for the missing clutch. Also, the Steel Flex Fans make a
annoying noise right before the blades start to flatten out at higher RPM's.
If you think the noise is bad with the clutch fan...hehehe...wait until you
hear this. (Some people think it sounds cool though.)

- Bernd

Oh yeah...I believe CW but dbl-check when you turn over the engine. Just
watch which direction the belt turns.