Re: erratic tach ????

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 08:30:28 EDT

Chris,
  Since my tach does the same thing, I saved this e-mail(that I've pasted
below). I never tried this to fix mine, but you may want to. If you do,
let me know how it turns out!
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/

On Wed, 07 Jun 2000 09:42:02 PDT
<adakota4x4@hotmail.com>wrote:>
Terry,
> First off, thanks for the info. My 95 fluctuates at highway speeds just
>like yours did. But, mine also jumps around sometimes at idle. I'm
>wondering if a new TPS will fix my problem.
Well, there's no guarantee of that of course. It fixed mine, but it
may not fix highway fluctuation in all cases.>A few questions for you...
>Did yours fluctuate at idle?
No fluctuation, but sometimes it would begin revving up and down
between 800 and 1500rpm. This would happen when I pull into the
driveway and put it in park. If I revved the engine to 3000 and let
off it would stop.>Is this a dealer only part?
I originally thought so, but someone said he bought a Borg Warner
version from Pep Boys for $23.>How much did you pay for yours?
I paid $40 at the dealer.Terry Herrin99 FR CC R/T14.769 @ 91.43Wilmington,
NC
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html