Re: BEST INTAKE for a GEN II sixer

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 10:07:13 EDT

> tell me, anybody running any kind of a cone-style setup on a Gen-II Dak or
am
> I limited to only a drop-in K&N? Would love to do a cone if somebody makes
> one....

Why wouldnt something like QuickDs intake work on GenII Dakotas?? I mean
both should have to same size 'tb neck' and similar bolt setup. How long
overall are these kits?/ If we could get someone to measure their 'cone
style' aftermarket kit and then see if the GenII engine bay would allow for
the length, then it should fit. I assume you would just have to buy/locate
the stock tb 'hat' which most of these intake kits attach to. If not, a 360
degree open element kit(FIPK/FABM) would be the only other option than a
'drop-in' filter.
http://www.quickd.com/
or
http://www.quickd.com/intake.jpg
By the way Dave, how is the DakBeast doing?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6