Valve Cover Breather Question

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 16:19:36 EDT

For those who are using 'aftermarket valve cover breathers, what size valve
cover breather are you using, hole-wise. I pulled out the valve cover
breather and measured the hole on my trucks valve cover, and it appears to
be 1"-1 1 /6". This hole does appear to have a hard rubber grommet on it,
and I assume then I measured the grommets holes. So I assume then a valve
cover breather which uses a 1 1 /4" hole would work, right?? Bernd, I see
you are using Mr. Gasket's 2054, does it fit nice and snug? Also, my current
stock valve cover has a hose connected to it and this hose goes into the
stock air filter housing. Will it cause ANY type of problem if the valve
cover breather wouldnt use this hose? The reason I ask is because of a
possible cold air intake project using a GenIII air hat. I would ultimately
like to just use a valve cover breather which uses no hose, just basically
would be a 360degree open element push on type of breather. Basically the
valve cover breather is just a vent, isnt it?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6