RE: GenIII Air Hat Wanted

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 17:41:03 EDT

Just another option, if you want cold air feeding. www.ramairbox.com Check
out their p.n. 14x4@110. It will fit (one on my 96 3.9 2wd), but if you have
the hood liner still in place, then it will rub against it, but if you pull
the hood liner out then no problems. Take the box and run the 4" dual hoses
down the side of the fan shroud and attach them somehow. I used zip ties and
some stick on plastic snap ring style clips from a hardware store. After
trimming the inner fender on the inside of the frame, the four inch hoses
dropped in and I let them hang into the air behind the front bumper. I suck
up a few more bumble bees and the occasional cigarette butt, but it is worth
all that cold air getting in. I also have a K&N 14x4 with internal wire
frame for support. Still has that nice "whoosh" sound when I punch it. Just
wanted to give another option there.

Will
cylindrically challenged V-6