High beams??

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 17:56:00 EDT

OK, this is probably the most ignorant question anyone's asked in a loong
time (aside from how to get Herculiner off yer hootus), but... but... how
are you supposed to turn on the high beams??

OK, before you start laughing too hard, here's the deal. If you pull the
turn signal lever toward you there's a detent where the high beams come on,
and releasing the lever lowers them again, for your passing signal, etc. If
you pull the lever past the detent, there's a noticeable CLICK, which I'm
assuming is what should turn the high beams on completely. However, mine go
off again when I release the lever.

Before I call in for warranty service on this, I wanted to double-check to
see if I wasn't missing something really obvious. And believe me, I fiddled
with that lever a LOT before sucking it up and asking! Hee hee!

The weirdest thing is I was trying this yesterday without any success, but
when I got back in my truck later and started it up -- the high beams were
ON!!! Is there some secret I'm overlooking here? Gremlins?

- Alex Harris
00 RC SLT V6 5-Speed