Re: Re: BEST INTAKE for a GEN II sixer

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 18:15:44 EDT

Dave,
I might have my hands on a GenIII air hat. I am considering using an Intense
Performance cone style air filter, otherwise I will go for the typical K&N
6"x9" cone filter. The next question is this:
What will be better, plastic PVC pipe from Home Depot or aluminum
pipe/tubing? I can get thin walled aluminum in the 3"-3.5" pipe which seems
like will be needed. Most exhaust shops should be able to do the
suttle/slight bend I will need for a minimal charge. Just what would be
better? Obviously the aluminum will capture and retain heat more than the
PVC pipe. I want it to look as good as I can for as cheap as I can. Whatcha
think??????
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6