Re: Shims

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 22:03:53 EDT

My buddy that races stock cars gave me the idea, optimum is 3-5 degrees
angled down, my 2000 is 3-5 degrees up, so i bought 4 degree shims. I am
gonna try and install and test saturday so unfortunately they will not be
on for the dragway tomorrow night.

Chris

> >>Has anyone tried putting shims to angle the rearend down on their dak
>improve traction? My buddy suggested I try it and we figured 7degrees
>total
>would be optimal (3 down) but all i could find were 4 degrees so i
>bought
>them, should I use them?<<
>
>I wouldn't. Could throw off your pinion angle. I wouldn't shim at all
>unless you have to (ie.. you lower your truck). If you use the shims, and
>you get a strange noise at certain speeds (like a droaning) or a
>vibration at certain speeds, then your pinion angle is off and you'll
>need to get rid of those shims ASAP....
>
>- -mike d.

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal