Re: ADVICE ON SYNTHETIC OIL???

From: Mitchell Carson (Mitchell.Carson@dalsemi.com)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 13:59:59 EDT

Go with Mobil 1. It's the only synthetic that will mix and remain 100% compatible with "dead dynosaur juice". Think about it...if you get in the middle of nowhere, need a quart of oil, and can't find your synthetic brand...whatcha gonna use? FWIW, Corvettes and Vipers come from the factory with Mobil 1 in the pan. If there were engine break-in problems when using synthetic lubes, don't you think they'd put something other than Mobil 1 in the engine?

If you go with Mobil 1, you can change to it at any time. I've changed all my new vehicles over to Mobil 1 at 500 miles. Haven't had a single problem...and none of them ever used any oil. I go 6k between changes, and change the oil filter every 3k. Currently waiting on an oil analysis report from Blackstone Labs for both my 1999 Dak and 1998 Caravan.

-Mitch