Re: Quarter times & NE dragway

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 22:32:02 EDT

My mods are basic stuff right now, I have the 4.7l with the "big" Quick D
intake, a Gibson Catback, a pair of spring clamps and a set of lakewoods to
help plant my 275/60 Pirelli Formula GT's... I also have the 5-speed and
3.9x gears with suregrip. I was getting 2.3x 60' times until the last run
where I lowered the tire pressure to 19lbs and pulled that 2.144, but
unfortunately I blew 2 shifts so that yielded a 16.4xx time. I figure with
good shifts that was a 15.25 or so run, but I blew it... I also had the
spare, the tools, the tailgate, the stereo.... lets jsut say with me in it
my 2000 cc weighed 4370lbs in race form... so i was very happy with the
15.58 time... I did the same, drove 2.5 hrs up, in traffic and hit the
lanes... it never really cooled down, the pavement was radiating heat all
night.... Oh and i did run 89 octane gas as opposed to my usual
87.... Where'd ya run?

>Hey man. What are your mods? I ran last night. 3 runs, first trip to the
>track ever. t was our 99 RT with PCM and 180 T-Stat. Here is a basice
>outline f my 3 runs below...
>

>1st run
>
>RT 1.332
>60 ft 2.430
>1/8th 10.256@68.71
>1/4 15.983@85.56
>
>2nd run
>
>rt 1.252
>60 ft 2.427
>1/8th 10.230@68.84
>1/4 15.945@86.02
>
>3rd and final run
>
>RT .376!!!
>60 ft 2.334
>1/8th 10.189@68.89
>1/4 15.926@85.87
>
>I messed the last run up bacause they were supposed to be only timing the
>1/8th and I sowed down before the end of the quarter. I did beat a LT1 TA
>to the end of the track though, thanks to my RT and him spinning like crazy.
>i am not diaspointed in my times either as it was my first time, the truck
>didn't get any time to cool down after the 3 hour trip to the track, and I
>had it in full streettrim (spare wheel/tire in bed. and was running on hlf
>Citgo should be suckgo) gas and half 92 Ashland. Really wanted to ice the
>intake and get some 103+ octane gas, but was just running too late to do it
>(got there late. Anyways congrats on the times. Oh, and I mannaged to spin
>AND bog the sucker each time. he RSAs with 32k mies do NOT stick very well
>hehe.
>
> Brian

'00 CC, Packin a 287 Magnum, 5-sp, Gibson Duals, Traction Bars, Alarm,
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, Tinted Windows,
Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate, Quick D Intake, "Smoke Em" Decal