truck died

From: TEDSDAKOTA@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 10:08:30 EDT

  Hey Dml'ers,, truck cut out on the way to work, would'nt restart, let it sit for 10 and it fired right up..Then died again about a mile..let it sit, started but ran like on 4 cyclinders...Got it to work and it6 stunk,, must have been the cat overheated...The nI remembered what Bernd said about the timing retarted makes the exhaust red hot...So I unhooked the Msd BTM,, started right up but I wont know for sure till it runs for a while....
       Ted O...