I need some help

From: Andrew Floyd (MrShoujo@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 17:34:17 EDT

OK. I got a poser that I could ask Click & Clack but I need help sooner
than Saturday. One reason I joined the list (again). ^_^

Basically, I got a 1993 Dakota, with 80000+ miles on it. Nice dependable
(so far) truck. Just this past summer I had the brake pads replaced.
Just this past Sunday the rotors, bearings, and oil seals (?) were
replaced, as well as a good lube on the front end.

This was because a pit of some sort found its way into the left front
rotor. You can imagine the braking sensation I felt with that dime sized
pit. It brakes smoothly now...

But the MAIN reason for all that was a sort of a high pitched whining
sound when the truck makes right turns, never on left turns. I drive
about 15 miles between home and where I work, so usually on weekdays I
don't hear it, but had heard it on days I drive back home and it takes
about 30 to 40 minutes to do that. The Wednesday before the work was
done, I had heard this noise a bit more than I wanted to when I applied
the brakes, but now it's only when I turn right (and I'm not sure if I'm
using the brakes or not), and I had heard this noise only on Wednesdays
(when I drive 30-40 minutes to get home), and only when I make a few
turns to the right to get to where I park. But today the sound
manifested itself and I drove only 20 minutes.

Now my question is - can anyone tell me what else I should have checked?
Is this something I'm going to hear until the new rotors have seated
themselves, as my brother in law who did the work, said they would?
There a teensy bit of noise when I brake and the truck just about comes
to a stop, but it doesn't bother me as much as turning right. Is it
something that means a more expensive repair? I can't afford anything
like that. Will something seize up?

Thanks for reading this, more thanks for info a cheap check & fix.