Re: 5 Speed Tranny

From: David Chester (nonlabel@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 22:17:17 EDT

Didn't Chrysler use the AX-15 behind some V8's? I also have a 93 V6
5-speed and a wrecked 93 V8 with Auto. I want to do the swap, and people
have told me I can use the AX15 from the V6, but that it may not last long.

Can the NV (New Venture, I assume) 3500 be found in all those V8 Ram Trucks
out there? If so, it should be easy to find, but how hard to adapt to a
GenII Dakota? Does the shifter line up? Will I need to shorten the
driveshaft? What about clutch and flywheel?

I'd rather do it right the first time....

-- David Chester
   Albuquerque NM
   92 Spirit RT
   93 Dakota V8