(no subject)

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 23:57:36 EDT

Thank you, but that is exactly the tone I'm getting here.

If the big problem here is ping (and I think we can all agree it is) then
don't we want to cure it?
If so, then why is colder plugs not the answer when higher octane is? I'm
serious here. I really do want to know. So far all I have heard is that I
will damage my engine from ping that I cannot here if I use colder plugs,
but not higher octane gas. If I can't hear the ping, then how do I, or
anyone else, know that it isn't there with the higher octane gas.

I don't tow very often. When I tow, the trailer and tractor weigh, at most,
1500 lbs. I tow about once a year. That's it.

John