Re: Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: Tired of getting slammed 4.7L TQ curve

From: Hemikota@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 20:34:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/30/00 6:03:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bruckman@urisp.com writes:

<<
Okay, that's a little overboard... but we could say simply the 4.7 is punchy
enough that it may feel ackward when you are trying to go slow. =)

Nicely put, we are comparing an apple to a different apple here...The 3.9
should have a better "pull" to its torque is made quicker. But the 4.7 has
more potential..hence the "oh shit" feeling when you stomp on her. I have
owned a 3.9, a 5.2 and now a 4.7, and at present I *think* that the 318 was
the best performing engine I had. BUT, the 4.7 is stock, the 318 wasnt.
Comparing stock, the 4.7 is better.
The 4.7 is new and it has bugs to work out. Dont get 3.55's with the auto.
the converter locks up too soon. its like OD with OD. The responsiveness of
the tranny on kickdown helps though. I think that I can actually put 4:10's
in and get decent gas milage even at highway speeds.
Put it this way, my 4.7 auto 4x4, if you stay out of the pedal around town,
it seems to drive like a V6, but get into the gas and hold on!
You just cant accurately compare the two.
If your still reading this then it sux to be you! :0P
Boog