RE: off-topic

From: Hoostine (hoostine@geocities.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 22:55:25 EDT

sorry, i have to reply. hope i don't offend anyone too much.

> In light of the recent shooting in Michigan,

makes me wonder what people would think if someone tried integrating the
teachings of buddha or paganism into school. would christians understand
when buddhists or pagans were upset at them trying to have it removed?

boy, it'd be nice if schools had enough money to provide adequate education
to children, much less enough money to fight thousands of abuse lawsuits.

seriously tho, this is america's "sue-happy" attitude at fault here and i
hate that. i think it's having quite a bad effect on not only society, but
actually the gene pool.

p.s. i'm a hardcore darwinist (survival of the fittest, etc.) it's not an
elitist attitude, actually i think i should be dead now, but because i'm so
sheltered i'm not and that's not right.

not gonna touch this one...

well, umm, actually i never recieved a condom in school. and if i had, i'd
have probably blown it up and bounced it around on the bus. :)

i'd much rather use a free condom than have to go buy some, and not, and
then end up not using one, especially if i was a young kid.

people complain about teen pregnancy and then turn right around and complain
about condoms being given out in school (where the teens are). sex is gonna
happen amongst teens. you can either deny it and ignore it or accept it and
try to do something about it.

I agree wholeheartedly. it's my property and my body and my life and my
house. i moved out of my parents house because i was capable of taking care
of myself, i don't need someone else to take that job over. otherwise i'd
stop paying my house/electric/phone bills and move back in with my parents.

wH00!!! nekkid chicks!!! bring em on!

well, that's against the law isn't it? when have people agreed to child
pornography?

yeah, they said that a LONG time ago. my parents seem to be doing fine,
even tho they grew up listening to such horrors as strawberry fields, I shot
the sherriff, etc. and watching nosferatu and all the bigtime horror movies,
and stuff. and i'm a pacifist and i happen to particularly enjoy rob
zombie, tool, and even stuff like cannibal corpse...go figure.

cause their parents don't know how to raise them, that's why. that one's
easy.

why thank you, i think i will (voice my opinion that is...i do so very
rarely, i guess i should more often.)

because he isn't real. or maybe because she wasn't worthy. or maybe he
just didn't care. who knows.

oh, i see, people follow the church, the church follows god, and god follows
school officials. damn, i guess i better switch my major to education!

well, if they don't believe, think, say or do anything the bible says, then
they probably don't believe in god...hence they don't want to go to heaven.

that is funny. christianity needs some serious refining if you ask me.
or maybe it's the people. that's what ended it for me.

so, what's cyberspace got to do with school or workplace?

besides, how often do you hear classes having class discussions about how
the goddess is moving through streams. it's not about christianity, get
over it dammit. it's about religion. i don't want to hear anything about
religion of any sorts when i'm at school, nor do i want to pay for that.
that's a private-life thing.

heh, actually yes.

yup. i'm thinking. i'm always thinking. don't want my brain to stagnate.
:)

hope i don't offend anyone, tho i know i will. i hope you'll realize that
this is just MY opinion and part of being in the US is being able to have
and voice MY opinion without fear of retribution, except for another's
opinion. i don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

before you discount me as an idiot, after quitting high school and getting
my ged, i proceeded to get a 31 on my act the first time i took it (35's in
science and english, 31 in reading, and 22 in math...i was outta practice on
the math) and a full scholarship to college. and the last iq test i took i
made 157 on. that's 3 away from the genius rating...

and please don't pray for me...that's so silly. would you want me burning
incense and meditating for your soul?

--Hoostine
98 club cab sport, 3.9L, 5-spd, 3.23's, totally stock minus the cat, black.