Re: lowering the Dak

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 23:35:05 EDT

>>I know this has been asked before. I have a 2000 CC 4.7 I want to drop
it but
not slam it I am thinking maybe 3" rear and 2 front. My ? is how do I do
it
without spending an arm and a leg. I have about 300.00 to spend will that
do
it. What do I need blocks for the rear spring for the front is that it do
need new shocks too how much should it cost? I want to do it soon cant
stand
all that space above the tires<<<

aahh.. another one comes to the dark side =)

DUMP IT!! j/k ;-)

I say go with the Western Chassis setup. I would avoid blocks since you
like to drag it. Get the Eibach springs from Sport Truck direct for about
a 1.75" drop out front, then you could get the Western Chassis shackle
and hanger setup and be able to adjust from 3" to 4" of drop out back
(adjustable in .5" increments). I think the Eibachs and a 3" drop out
back will do you nicely, and it'll handle better too. Add the Doetsch
Tech shocks and you'll be a happy camper I think =)

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s
PROJECT 13's ----> slammed 88 Dakota, 360 Magnum swap in progress!!

      "support your local economy... lower your truck"

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.