RE: RE: I always knew my 3.9 was much faster than those little 4. 7s!

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 10:39:38 EDT

Unlikely if it was modified. There is no comparison with the V6 over the
V8. I have an apple and you an orange.

Stock for stock, the 4.7 will fly pass the V6. Modified, then it is still
the same. No matter how you look at it, it remains the same.

4.7 were designed to be a smoother driven motor over the entire RPM
bandwidth. The greater aspect of the 4.7 over the 3.8 is the changes in
the drive shaft, intake, tranny (45R), heads, distiburtorless, TB, roller
rocker, and so forth. Lighter, quieter, and more efficient. The 3.7, A.K.A
smaller 4.7, are the same designed with more punch.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC