Re: RE: Re: RE: Injectors was: Warning, Trottmann attempting work...head fer da hills!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 15:14:11 EDT

At 11:26 AM 8/31/00 -0700, you wrote:
>So are injectors like exhaust with backpressure....
>where you can overdo it? I mean, are 24# TOO big, as
>in, bad, or too big as in not necessary but not bad?
>R/Trottmann

I tested 24#s on my '97 with the '96 MP PCM and with
a custom flashed PCM geared for blower/juice and calibrated
for 30# injectors. On my truck, I had a terrible bog whenever
I went WOT from any rpm. All testing except for one was done
around 11 pm. I was able to see huge amounts of carbon soot
coming out of both tailpipes on the daylight test. Others have
reported not having this WOT bogging (?).

There is an awesome feeling of power at part throttle.
One thing that others will not see at part throttle,
unless they have a scanner attached, is that the cat
O2 sensor stays on rich (goodby cat) after the 1st 5 min.
or so of driving.

Just my experience.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95