RE: Injectors

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 18:02:08 EDT

We ran the truck on the Dyno today and damn are the factory fuel maps
WAAAAAAAY too lean. (No wonder they ping!) I can scan them in for anyone
who wants to see them.

Soooo...on goes the adjustable FMU and tomorrow, a set of FMS 24# injectors.
At 3000rpm, the A/F Ratio is 15.6:1 (VERY lean) and it only drops down to
about 13.3:1 with the 10:1 plate in the FMU (tried the 12:1 plate and not a
whole lot better). We need to get it down to 12:1 under WOT throttle and
this CAN be done without altering the computer.

The Vortech Adjustable FMU is a fine piece of work that allows a multitude
of adjustments ranging from idle, part throttle, and WOT and everything in
between.

- Bernd